CATA – El Comité de Apoyo a los Trabajadores Agrícolas (The Farmworkers’ Support Committee) is currently looking for several positions with both part-time and full-time possibilities.
We are seeking the following:
Pennsylvania Community Organizer – Based out of Kennett Square, PA – 20 hours/week.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Participate in the development and implementation of a plan for community outreach and education around the PA Drivers’ License Campaign, Coordinate with other CATA organizers for
regional and local leadership meetings, member activities, leadership training, etc, Provide assistance to individual workers and groups of workers seeking to address workplace issues – This involves intake, case management, legal coordination, etc, Facilitate worker meetings, Educate yourself (with assistance from other CATA organizers) around issues pertinent to our community – labor laws, immigration etc, Attend monthly staff meetings and
local community meetings, Maintain documentation of activities and prepare monthly reports, Maintain communication and develop relationships with local community leaders, etc. Pay for this position is $16-$18/hour depending on experience. More
General Job Qualifications for all positions:
· Commitment to CATA’s mission of worker justice and social justice principles
· Ability to work collaboratively with staff as well as independently
· Bilingual in Spanish and English
· Excellent oral communication skills
· Vaccinated/boosted for COVID-19 or willing to get vaccinated
· Able to communicate and ask questions, follow up on tasks, and arrive promptly for events
· Willingness to perform a variety of tasks
· Positive and cheerful, able to interact with a wide variety of people
Specific Job Qualification include:
· Experience working in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Programs (Administrative Assistant)
· Experience working with high school aged youth helpful (Youth Food Justice Organizer)
· Experience with gardening / farming helpful, but not necessary (Youth Food Justice Organizer)
· Possess a valid driver's license and a vehicle (All Organizer positions)
· Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends (All Organizer Positions)
All positions at CATA (both part-time and full-time) provide access to a generous policy of paid time off – Vacation, personal, and sick time provided, along with holidays.
CATA is a human rights organization and is dedicated to policies to promote the hiring of people of color and women.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing your interest in part-time or full-time work and what positions and a resume with two references to Jessica Culley at email@example.com.
P.O. Box 510
Glassboro, NJ 08028
Call 856-881-2507 for more information.